Tuesday 14 July 2009

IN A HAUNTED PLACE

1) WHAT I HEARD…


Sounds causing fear when heard in the night:

a creak

a whisper

a scream

footsteps

a bang

a cry

a shriek


Adjectives describing the loudness of a sound:

deafening

loud

noisy

faint


2) HOW I FELT… When I saw the ghost,

I felt frightened

I turned pale

it gave me a fright

my blood froze

it gave me the creeps

I was driven mad with fear

I was seized with fright/ panic/ terror

I felt fear

I was scared/ frightened/ terrified to death

I was overtaken by fear

I was paralysed by fear



3) HOW I REACTED…

I ran away

I shook with frightI trembled with fear

I screamed with fear

I ran in terror

I ran like the wind

I ran at full speed

I was rooted to the spot

My eyes nearly popped out of my head

My eyes were wide open.

I shook from head to toe.

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me.

My hair stood on air.

My face became tense and drawn.

My teeth chattered.

My heart thumped.

A shiver ran down my spine.

No comments:

Post a Comment